NOTICE: APRIL 2017 ROAD TAX CHANGES!
Everything you need to know about the April 2017 road tax changes:
From April 2017, new road tax tax rates will apply to all new cars. As that date draws ever closer, many motorists may be concerned about the incoming changes to road tax bands and how it will affect their pockets and their choice of car.
Five things to know about the new VED bands
- 1. They only apply to cars registered after April 2017;
- 2. Cars bought before April 2017 will continue to be taxed under the current system so if you're thinking about buying a new car, do it before April!
- 3. CO2 output is irrelevant from the second-year onward, with two new flat rates - a £0 VED rate for zero-emissions vehicles and a flat annual rate of £140 for all other cars;
- 4. Cars over £40,000 are liable for the £140 year two rate as well as an additional annual supplement of £310 for the first five years;
- 5. Zero emission cars that cost over £40k must pay the £310 supplement. Everything else in the £40k+ bracket will pay £450 a year (£310 supplement + £140 flat rate) until that five-year period is over. From then they revert to the £140 flat rate.
How will the new VED bands affect leasing?
Road tax should already be included in your monthly car leasing price for the full duration of the contract. As the finance company is the legal owner of the car on the V5 document, it is responsible for the tax. Always check your lease agreement.
BEAT THE ROAD TAX RISES BEFORE APRIL 2017!
Browse our current used car stock here: www.bellscrossgar.com/used-car-results.aspx
Or have a look at our New Car offers here: http://www.bellscrossgar.com/new-cars/